We take the safety and well being of everyone seriously, especially people who are vulnerable and may be at risk, and we commit ourselves to care for one another safely. The Parish abides by a Safeguarding Policy in all areas of our life and work together.
The Team Parish of Christ the King – Safeguarding Policy
As members of this Parish we commit ourselves to care for one another safely.
We recognize that everyone has different levels of vulnerability and that each of us may be regarded as at risk at some time in our lives.
We commit ourselves to:
– The safeguarding of people who may be at risk, ensuring their well-being in the life of this church.
– Promoting safe practice by those in positions of trust.
– Promoting the inclusion and empowerment of people who may be at risk.
– Recruit safely following the recognised procedures.
– Supporting, resourcing, training and regularly reviewing those who undertake work with children/young people and adults who might be at risk.
It is the responsibility of each of us to prevent physical, emotional, sexual, financial and spiritual abuse. We will report any abuse that we discover or suspect.
We agree to work within the guidelines of the Church of England and the Diocese.
Each person who works within this church community will agree to abide by this policy and the guidelines established by this church.
Safeguarding issues within the District of St Aidan’s are dealt with by The District Safeguarding Officer/DBS Administrator (see below).
This policy is reviewed each year by the Parochial Church Council and re-affirmed at the Annual Meeting.
If you have a concern about a safeguarding issue please contact:-
Alternatively you may wish to contact:
Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser: 07825 167 016
Revd. Ruth Hewett
The ARK in the PARK
62 Featherstone Grove
Newcastle upon Tyne
0191 217 0367